- Today, progressive web apps are fully supported by Chrome and Opera.
- Restrictions on iOS still apply.
- Firefox supports nearly all of its features. Restrictions on iOS still apply.
- Microsoft Edge is working on them.
- The Samsung Internet browser has been making great strides this past year and has shown a strong commitment to progressive web apps, as demonstrated by Samsung’s leadership in some of the key standardization work.
- Apple has finally jumped on the mobile web train: service workers, a key component for supporting progressive web apps, are available in Safari 11.1 for iOS 11.3 and macOS 10.13.4.
Steps to Install and Test PWA on Android Devices
- Make sure you are on the latest version of Chrome
- Clear all cache and browsing data.
- Visit Mail.AdvocateMail.com
- A banner will pop up at the bottom of the screen asking if you want to add to the home screen. Accept and viola App is installed.
- If you dismissed the step in 4 above you can still add to Home. While on AdvocateMail.com, click on the browser menu (three dots top right usually)
- Click on Add to Home Screen. If the App is already installed, then you will see Open AdvocateMail.com
Steps to Install and Test PWA on iOS Devices
- Only the Safari browser, Apple started supporting PWA from iOS 11.3.
- Main features of PWA like Add to HomeScreen prompt, Splash screen, Theme color are missing in iOS currently.
- Make sure that you have cleared the browsing data.
- Visit mail.advocatemail.com
- Tap the Share button (in-browser options)
- From the options tap the Add to Homescreen option.
- You will notice that an icon of the website or screenshot of the website added to your devices home screen instantly.
- Tap the icon from the home screen, then the Progressive Web App of Mail.Advocatemail.com will be loaded.
Steps to Install and Test PWA on Microsoft Edge browser
- Make sure that you have cleared the browsing data before testing
- Visit the website mail.advocatemail.com
- From the bottom, you can see an Add to Home screen prompt
- Tap the button, instantly the web app will be added to your Home screen with an icon.
- Tap the icon from HomeScreen, then the Progressive Web App of mail.advocatemail.com will load.
- You can see the Splash Screen with the icon.